L.O.V.E

Tarot forum for Michael Jackson supporters

Louis Theroux Documentary on Michael

Joygirl

Louis Theroux Documentary on Michael

Post  Joygirl on Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:21 pm

I just watched this extremely interesting documentary on Michael that I recorded from last night on BBC knowledge about a guy names Louis Theroux who tries to contact Michael about doing a documentary about him.
    He doesn't really get close to Michael but he does manage to get an interview with Uri Geller, Terry George (guy that had phone conversation with Michael and accused him of wrong doing) and Joe Jackson.
    I have to say, those three fellows had some very interesting things to say and I think you should all take a look at the documentary. Uri talks on his friendship with Michael and what happened after the documentary with Martin Bashir, Terry talks about the phone conversations he and Michael had when he was younger and plays some of them and Joe answers responds quite interestingly to questions about Michael's face, sexuality and the abuse.
    There's also an odd fellow named 'Majestik' or something.
    I don't want to ramble too much, but I was pretty glued to my television, I think you should all check it out. I'll post the youtubes below :)
    Joygirl

Re: Louis Theroux Documentary on Michael

Post  Joygirl on Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:25 pm

You all have to see the very first minute of the Joseph interview at least...

Last edited by Joygirl on Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Joygirl

Post  Joygirl on Sat Jun 26, 2010 9:27 pm

EMPATHY
    Admin

Post  EMPATHY on Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:47 am

Louis is a great 'intrusive' interviewer. He manages to get the right reactions by acting slightly naive and dumb. I love all his documentarys and I think I do remember this one. I might have to have another look though to make any comments. Majestik is a personal 'magician' that was originally working with Muhammad Ali and was passed to Michael.

- MICHAEL JACKSON TAROT
    http://epitarot.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=tec
    Joygirl

Post  Joygirl on Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:56 am

I love how louis keeps his calm even when Majestik is going crazy, throwing insults at him.
    I found it quite interesting how easily he had got a hold of Uri, Terry and Joe though
    You notice with Joe, how much he really never stopped working and promoting whoever he was managing at the time. Quite eye opening when Louis goes to interview Joe but Joe brings a band and an artist he is managing without notice and so Louis barely got a chance to interview him. You can imagine what kind of a manager he would have been to the Jacksons and Michael...
    EMPATHY
    Admin

Post  EMPATHY on Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:26 am

Well Joe made me laugh because it just shows how he handles things. Basically he has been in PR for many years and he managed to get himself a quick £5000 for an 'appearance' rather than an interview but turn it into something where he is actually bringing attention to himself and marketing his acts...!!!!

Majestik clearly works for Joes benefit as they were also together on one of the american chat shows (forgot the name of it but the one where Geraldine Hughes joined them).

It all seemed like 'tactics' to me but they are business tactics and Joe knows how to earn his money - I mean, Louis got to be in the presence of a 'JACKSON' and the famous patriac after all what else does he want for his money.

It does show you how things work doesnt it?

Also noted was the fact that it was mentioned that besides Bashir , David Frost and Louis were in the running to do that 2003 interview with Michael but Bashir got in obviously because of Uri who was very regretful how it turned out. Clearly.

I initially thought that Louis would have been a great choice for Michael but I know that Louis is invasive in a 'tricky' kind of way and in all fairness Im not sure he would have been a good choice for Michael as Louis spins questions and naivety for 'answers' and you can bet what questions he would have been 'clever with'.

David Frost might have been more respectful with questions but to be honest I think anyone asking questions of Michael would still compromise Michaels privacy and likely why he did,nt do anything like this before.

Unfortunately any interview with Michael in an intimate setting would be like laying traps for him as Michael is different from many people and he thinks differently so unless you can really get to understand Michaels youthful mind then it would be extremely easy to miscontrue situations and turn it into something else sensational which is what Bashir did.

Michael, you gotta keep away from INTERVIEWS.

- MICHAEL JACKSON TAROT
    http://epitarot.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=tec
    Joygirl

Post  Joygirl on Sun Jun 27, 2010 1:54 pm

I do agree I also think it was kind of Joe to not cross the line when answering questions about Michael because he didn't want to hurt him and he knew Michael wouldn't like it. You can still see a caring father in him, no matter what people say, it's just a different kind of love and care that most people are used too.

Yes, Michael definitely needs to stay away from interviewers geek

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu Jun 22, 2017 11:36 am