L.O.V.E

Tarot forum for Michael Jackson supporters

Maureen McCormick (Marcia Brady) On Michael

Joygirl

Maureen McCormick (Marcia Brady) On Michael

Post  Joygirl on Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:51 am

Hey, I don't know if you guys have heard, but when they were quite young, Maureen McCormick who played Marcia Brady, went on a couple of dates with Michael. I didn't hear about this until today, when it was in an old magazine.

http://www.sponkit.com/maureen-mccormick-on-past-problems-dating-michael-jackson/
    On a date with 14-year-old Michael Jackson when she was 16, she revealed: “We’d go ice skating together and we’d hold hands,” she said. “He kissed me on the cheek. We never really kissed… I was definitely interested in him, but I think with him it was more that we were friends.”

http://www.tvguide.com/news/maureen-mccormick-memoir-26445.aspx
    Her involvement with Michael Jackson, which occured while she was still working on Brady and Jackson was in the Jackson 5, was much more innocent. "Once we went ice-skating and he held my hand as we glided around the rink," she writes. "I wondered if he might try to kiss me, but he didn't. After another outing, he did give me a kiss goodbye. But it was only a gentle peck on the cheek."

There is also a video where she talks about Michael and how he called her after the molestation charges just to talk about old times and old brady bunch episodes. She thinks he was completely innocent and just wanted to escape to a time where things were more innocent and pure because that's how he was.

She talks about the charges below
    http://www.accesshollywood.com/maureen-mccormick/maureen-mccormick-talks-michael-jackson-child-molestation-charges-july-1-2009_video_1131650

Here she talks about them dating and the shock of his death
    http://video.ivillage.com/player/?id=1133928
    EMPATHY
    Admin

Re: Maureen McCormick (Marcia Brady) On Michael

Post  EMPATHY on Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:07 am

You know I have to share the fact that I have two sons ten years apart. Both of them were very well brought up. I think really I was quite strict in many ways but strict in values only. They were not allowed to 'run the street' and in a way I did want to protect them from all the 'aufuls' out there. I do link with Michael on his feelings regarding his children and understand fully as I think I was not too far away from the same thinking...

But why I have mentioned this is because my sons never had a true girlfriend at that age. My oldest had a 'group of friends' and there were one or two girls in that but he never seemed to have a girlfriend or kissed one or made any real special fuss. I did wonder why he did,nt have a girlfriend when he was 16 years of age.

You do begin to wonder if you ...overdid the protection thing.

The youngest son is nearly 17 and I can tell you he has never had a proper girlfriend either. Any kissing he would have done would have been at school and you know kids take the Mickey if they know you are 'with someone' . Yes I know he had a sort of girlfriend for a few months but ended - it was puppy stuff and he was always so coy anyway but that was an 'interest' at school and we never ever saw her and he was 14/15 at the time!

But I would not think my sons were gay or that there was anything odd about them because they did,nt appear to be with girls the way some lads can be.

The truth is that some boys 'respect their mothers' respect their upbringing and can be quite shy about flaunting it about. Both my boys were reserved and the younger one more secretive then the older one.

They can tell me anything and I even ask sometimes and I know I make them laugh... humour is a strong factor with my sons who I dearly love. However, they would have been similar to Michael and I would not have linked them to possible 'homosexuals' or having anything 'weird' about them just because of reservedness.

These days and even back then promiscuity has always been prevalent. How an individual acts is just down to their background and whether they are confidently liberal or self concious or just reserved.

Theres nothing wrong with my lads and Im sure there was nothing wrong with Michael. I think the tabloids and other idiots made too big a deal out of Michael who was forced to grow up in the limelight. How auful that anything he did was straight into print - and no wonder he would have been reserved about kissing anyone in public or being linked to them. People always get the wrong impression. The older son is now settled down with a lovely girl and had several girlfriends in between - but at a younger age he was definately much quieter on that score then others. It just shows you that all boys are different.

Anyway thats the 'mum' talking side of me.

- MICHAEL JACKSON TAROT
    http://epitarot.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=tec
    Joygirl

Post  Joygirl on Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:47 pm

Haha, that was lovely to hear Empathy lol! I agree, and I think Michael would have felt quite pressured as well, from all around, the Media, his father, his brothers etc, he would have felt quite scrutinized.

But in the end, he didn't ever lose respect,and did have a serious love interest or two, just like your sons seemed to have. They came into their own
    EMPATHY
    Admin

Post  EMPATHY on Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:49 pm

Well the youngest is more in love with his computer then he is girls - hes very cerebral (did I spell that right?) and the oldest settled down.

But neither of them lived in the spotlight and they did,nt have a whole bunch of brothers to poke the harmless fun they do and of course they did,nt have a strict religious kind of background.

Im not really any denomination of religion as I believe it is all one really and that is nothing in books but all written in your concience. Concience is God to me.

I taught them just to be honest and truthful and to always do what makes them happy, no point being miserable all your life just to conform - maybe thats good or maybe thats bad I dont know, but they are both sensible.

Michael had a lot of pressure and a lot of things 'thrown in his face' from a young age, all the girls were clamouring over him as you know. He even wrote in his Jet Magazine Interview that he was frightened to death of girls because they clawed his hair and clothes.

we all know ourselves they did,nt want to hurt him they just wanted to grab him..but it must have been a really daunting experience everytime he got off a tourbus or alighted from a venue or a plane. Too much for anyone and it all started when he was so young.

If I had known Michael then I would have suggested a 'michellin suit'

He would have been able to protect himself as well as Earth . Bless him

- MICHAEL JACKSON TAROT
    http://epitarot.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=tec
    Joygirl

Post  Joygirl on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:32 am

Hahaha, I like the way you think Empathy
    starfish

Post  starfish on Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:38 am

I agree.