L.O.V.E

Tarot forum for Michael Jackson supporters

Blondie set for tribute to Michael Jackson during RockNess slot

starfish

Post  starfish on Sun Jun 13, 2010 5:17 am

Jun 13 2010 Mickey Mcmonagle, Sunday Mail

BLONDIE will pay tribute to one of their musical idols tonight at RockNess.

The band will cover Debbie Harry's favourite Michael Jackson song - Don't Stop Til You Get Enough - during their main stage set.

Debbie said: "We put that into the show after Michael died. We like that song. How do you choose? It's a good set. A high energy show."

But Debbie never actually got to meet the troubled star.

She came close but he cancelled the show at which she had arranged to go backstage and talk to him.

"I was going to see a show of his in LA a while back. It was when he had some heart trouble, I think. He wasn't well. I was really set to meet him, I had passes. But it actually caused a riot. What a tragedy. What a great loss."

Debbie, 64, has been back in the studio with her band recording a new album, Fear Of Girls.

The group are still uncertain as to when it will hit the shops but will unveil tracks tonight for fans at the Dores festival.

Organisers estimated 32,000 fans were on-site yesterday and had a ball despite grey skies.

They enjoyed a blistering line-up including Soulwax and Ian Brown before headliners Leftfield.

After more than a decade in limbo, Leftfield stormed the fest last night.

The dub-electronica giants closed the main stage with Neil Barnes having reformed the outfit without his former partner Paul Daley.

Meanwhile, Debbie is confident her band will go down a storm when they play before headliners The Strokes, Doves and Vampire Weekend.

She said: "I don't want to sound like a know-it-all but after you've been performing for so long you can kinda gauge what your audiences will be into.

"We have new material that will definitely be liked by a Blondie audience - after all we're still the same people.

"I feel pretty certain people are going to love this material. We're really excited about it. We hadn't recorded in such a long time that everyone had good ideas. There were a lot of great contributions and a wide variety of material.

"I think it's the typical Blondie mish-mash.

"I'm not sure when it's coming out, the labels are in a terrible state now, of course. But I want it out the sooner the better."

As well as the live Jackson cover, the band have also worked on a few tributes for their album - but Debbie isn't giving much away.

She said: "I don't really want to talk about it. We've learnt to keep our mouths shut. " However, despite all her achievements in music, Debbie is uncomfortable with being labelled an icon.

She said: "That's baffling. I've learned to live with it, though."
    EMPATHY
    Admin

Re: Blondie set for tribute to Michael Jackson during RockNess slot

Post  EMPATHY on Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:42 am

I saw Blondie live years ago, she was not as youthful as she used to be but shes a real trouper and an icon that has been sorely forgotten (even though she does,nt like being called that!!) - I think it would be nice whatever she does as she is basically a lovely person. Shes been through a hell of a lot - I wish her luck

Did you notice Blondie mentions that MJ had heart trouble ? and that was when he was due to perform in L.A. when was that I wonder?

- MICHAEL JACKSON TAROT
    http://epitarot.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=tec
    starfish

Post  starfish on Sun Jun 13, 2010 1:42 pm

I have to ask the same question. Maybe someone here knows a better, who is more known about this information.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Wed Dec 13, 2017 4:23 pm